7 Last Words of Christ Lesson 4-February 3
The 7 Last Words of Christ
“My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
Read: Matthew: 27:45-49
2 Corinthians 5:16-21
1. What does Jesus’ experience on the cross tell us about hell?
2. How were these words literally true?
3. How were they fulfillment of Scripture?
4. What have we been spared because of this?
5. What assurance do we have because of this?
O My God to You I cry, “Why did You forsake Me?”
Scorned and lonely I will die, from this anguish take Me
Dogs surround Me, mockers jeer, “Will His God deliver?”
Yet I know that in my tears flows salvation’s river.
Here I will stand beside Thee, from Thee I will not part;
O Savior do not chide me! When breaks Thy loving heart,
When soul and body languish in death’s cold, cruel grasp,
Then, in Thy deepest anguish, Thee in mine arms I’ll clasp. Amen.