Ancient Jewish Weddings-Lesson 6 April 13
Ancient Jewish Weddings
Reflections of Salvation?
The Coming of the Bridegroom
· The groom and his friends would abduct the bride, take her to the courtyard of his father’s house where the people were gathered for the wedding.
Song of Songs 2&3
1. In what sense is Jesus’ coming like the coming of the groom?
2. How is our worship a celebration of His coming?
3. How are Advent, Christmas and Epiphany celebrations of His coming?
4. What comfort is there in the fact that this is all Christ’s action?